NFC Support Summary
Synappx Go Tag
MFP Built-In Tag
Synappx Go Tag
on MFP or Display
When you tap the NFC (Near-Field-Communication) tag, the phone brings you directly to the Synappx Go app (without needing to open the app first). Some phones may display a notification. When you select the notification, the phone still brings you directly to the app.
From the mobile screen, select the Synappx Go app, select the feature of interest (e.g. Scan and Print), click either Scan or Print, and then tap the NFC tag. This is a foreground operation.
*If there are other apps that read NFC tags, you may be prompted to select Synappx Go each time you want to use the app, or, if given the option, you can choose to make Synappx Go the default app for reading an NFC tag.
**NFC tag set up (admin task) is always a foreground operation.
MFP Support Summary
Sharp MFPs running OSA® 4.0 or greater and supporting TLS 1.2 can be used with Synappx Go tags for scan, print release, and print cloud files*. Later models have embedded NFC tags that can be used; however, MFP NFC configuration may be required if not already set-up.
Models shown in bold text can support the Synappx Go copy feature.
* Products may require additional connectivity option or firmware upgrade for full compatibility.
A3 Colour models
A3 Mono models
A4 Colour models
A4 Mono models
If you elect to use the embedded MFP NFC tags, modify the following MFP web page settings:
- Under Network Connections › Easy Connections Setting, Enable NFC tag
- Under Network Settings › Quick Settings › Wireless Settings, set Connection Type to either “Wireless (Infrastructure Mode” or “Wired + Wireless (Access Point Mode)”
No MFP web page setting changes are needed if using the external NFC tags.
For information on early model compatibility, contact your Sharp reseller or Sharp representative.
Configure MFP Web Page for Copy
To use Synappx Go for copying on a supported MFP, check the following MFP web page settings.
1. Go to System Settings > Sharp OSA Settings > Condition Settings on the MFP web page.
2. The following items must be checked.
- Accept remote access request from application.
- Accept UI operation request from application.
3. All other items on the Condition Settings page must be unchecked.
- Approve remote access request on operation panel.
- Display dialog of connection in Sharp OSA mode.
- Accept secondary send request from Sharp OSA application.
Display Support Summary
Any interactive white board or display with a Shuttle® PC or another PC system running Microsoft® Windows 10 or greater or Windows Server 2016 or 2019 can be used with Synappx Go Display Agent. SOC (System on Chip) models without a Shuttle PC are not supported at this time.